Antique Folding Games Board by Houghton & Gunn
This portable mahogany games board is made to fold to a quarter of its size for storage or travel. When used the four hinged sections are locked by means of flush brass sliding bolts. The ivorine label gives the maker as Houghton & Gunn of 162 New Bond Street. The company is known for the good quality of their wares and went onto become stationers to the Crown. It is believed that William Houghton started in business in the 1840’s and certainly by 1865 he is listed as a stationer at 162 New Bond Street. He entered in to partnership with Charles Gunn in 1868 and they carried on at the same address until 1911 when they amalgamated with Asprey & Co. Ltd, moving into their premises at 167 New Bond Street. These name changes allow us to date the board as between 1868 and 1911.
Size for use is given.
|Height:||0.75 ins (1.91 cm)|
|Width:||23.85 ins (60.58 cm)|
|Depth:||17.25 ins (43.82 cm)|
|CONTACT US ABOUT THIS ITEM|
|RETURN TO ARCHIVE CATEGORY|
|<< PREVIOUS PAGE|
|These Images & The Text Are Copyright of Christopher Clarke Antiques.
Please Contact Us If You Would Like to Use Them For Publication.