A leather Document Box gilt stamped Asprey, 166 Bond Street, London, between the hinges. The lock is also stamped to the brass lock. The lid interior has 3 crossed straps to hold cards or papers with the main case plain except for some padding to the base. The base has a raised lip to ensure a good seal to the top. Asprey were formed in 1781 at Mitcham, Surrey before moving to Bond Street where they have remained at the same address to this day. Asprey's name has always been synonymous with quality. Circa 1900.