Walker & Hall
Walker & Hall were a well-established Sheffield company started by George Walker in 1845, after working for John Harrison.
Samuel Coulson was Walker's partner and they were soon joined by Henry Hall to form Walker & Hall. By the end of the century the company had grown to employ 1500 people. Their factory in Howard Street produced items in electro plate and silver which was sold through their retail outlets in major cities including London, Liverpool, Manchester, Glasgow, Edinburgh, Cardiff, Belfast, and overseas in Melbourne, Adelaide and Cape Town. The company name was Walker & Hall between 1853 and 1920 when they added Limited to their name.